Session cost: £18 per person 2+ archers (£20 for 1:1).
How to book:
Contact us via here or phone us on 01761 239 108
Duration: 1 Hour – Booking is necessary.
Purpose: Have-a-go at archery – a session for all ages.
A great place to start!
If you have never tried archery, or you got a taste while on holiday and you want more, then this is a great way to have-a-go with an experienced coach showing you the right way to shoot.
- Our experienced coaches will provide you with instruction and have you hitting the target in no time.
- This is a 1-hour session, where you will shoot around 40 or so arrows.
- We may start you off at a short distance just to get a feel for the bow, and we can put targets at different distances to suit all abilities on the range at the same time.
- We provide these sessions for you either 1:1 or as a family group only (this is not a mixed group session to ensure good coach to archery ratio).
- Archers can be as young as 6. We do encourage parents and siblings to shoot too rather than sit and watch. This is an all-inclusive sport!
- There will be balloons! If you or your guests/family are uncomfortable around popping balllons just let us know. We know lots of other archery games.
This is not a full instructional course – it is a chance to have-a-go with the support and guidance of a qualified and experienced coach. This means that we are providing direct supervision at all times. We will make sure that you know what to do to use a bow safely on the range. We provide a full demonstration and initial tuition to have you hitting that target (and balloons).
WARNING: This session will not give you enough information to learn to shoot unsupervised, there just isn’t enough time to do this in one session! We will of course adapt this session if you have a bit of basic experience so that you are not starting from scratch.
If there is something that you are not sure of then check out our FAQ page or get in touch.
So you want to learn a bit more!
The taster session is great to have-a-go with some basic tution from our experienced coaches. But if you want to learn lots more about the sport and shoot with some consistency and be able to shoot unsupervised then you need to look at our Beginners Course.
As you know, archery is a safe sport as long as we all follow a few basic rules. Our insurers are very strict on how we assess and demonstrate your competency to shoot. As a consequence we will need to ask you for some basic information before you can shoot, this will include your agreement to the rules of the range and is for the safety of everyone.
For under 18’s a parent or guardian must remain on the premises, but don’t fear, you can relax in our viewing area with a cappuccino, and watch all those arrows hitting the gold!