Duration: 4 sessions of 2 hours (total 8 hrs)
How to book:
Contact us via here or phone us on 01761 239 108
(we are closed on Weds/Thursdays)
Purpose : ArcheryGB structured beginners course
All courses take place on our indoor range
Private / Flexible courses : As a family or 1:1 –
The cost is per person for the complete course:
- Family Course – £100 each – 2 to 4 people from the same family/friends – each session can be booked as you go.
- Private Course – £140 – This is a 1:1 Private course for 1 person maximum – book as you go.
This is a flexible course and can be tailored to suit yours and our diary so can be on any day/time. You can leave up to a maximum of 3 weeks between each session. It’s not achievable to try to do a “crash-course” in four consecutive days as there is much to digest on the sessions so we will ensure that at least a day is left in between each session.
Scheduled Group courses :
Details about the course :
Our Archery Beginners course is ideal if you want to learn archery so that you know what you are doing and can shoot unsupervised.
If you are not sure if this course is for you then book in for a taster session for an hour of basic tuition, before commiting to the full course.
You will learn about the equipment, how to shoot safely, and most importantly learn how to shoot and know what is right and what is not so good!
- We provide you instruction on shooting different styles, and support your first milestones in learning the skill of archery.
- On completion of the course you can consider yourself an archer and you can shoot unsupervised on our range.
- For Private Courses you can change the days/times you attend. This is ideal if you need to fit a course around work shift patterns or other commitments.
- We usually suggest 8 years of age as the lowest age on this course – do discuss your requirements with us and we can suggest the best option for young archers. For junior archers (14 and under) an adult will also need to participate if not already and experienced archer. This way you can understand what they are doing and join in the fun, as well as keep an eye on them on the range following the course.
Basic Course Structure
- Session 1 – How to select kit, Basic archery – ‘barebow’
- Session 2 – Using a bow-sight
- Session 3 – Scoring your arrows
- Session 4 – Finding your favourite and using different bows
- WARNING: Archery is addictive !
- On completion you can use our range and hire our kit on a pay & play basis.
- We can also help and guide you with your first purchase of your own equipment.
- You can also join a club. Each club has its own joining requirements, but our courses are recognised by all the local clubs. Each club is slghtly different, but they will require you to participate in an introductory session with them to learn that club’s rules.
Payment & Terms
This is normally required on booking. We can take over the phone or via a link we can email to you. Full terms are detailed here.
As you know, archery is a safe sport as long as we all follow a few basic rules. Our insurers are very strict on how we assess and demonstrate your competency to shoot. As a consequence we will need to ask you for some basic information before you can shoot, this will include your agreement to the rules of the range and is for the safety of everyone.
For under 18’s a parent or guardian must remain on the premises, but don’t fear, you can relax in our viewing area with a cappuccino, and watch all those arrows hitting the gold!
In making a booking with us, you agree to the T&Cs as detailed here