Duration: 4 sessions of 2 hours (total 8 hrs) – Booking is required.
Course Costs :
- Scheduled Courses – £75 – Group session with a maximum of 6 people (limited places available to allow Covid-19 Compliance)
- Family Course – £100 each – 2 to 3 people from the same family – each session can be booked as you go.
- Private Course – £120 – This is a 1:1 Private course for 1 person maximum – book as you go.
Purpose : ArcheryGB structured course
Indoor/Outdoor (to meet Covid regs):
So as to meet government requirements and Covid legislation, our group sessions are outdoors until the 17th May. Usually the weather does not prevent archery taking place, and we have a shelter that we can shoot from if required.
Indoor courses are available for Family/Private courses where participants are in the same familiy or bubble
Scheduled courses :
|Day||Availability||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
||FULL||17th April||24th April||1st May||8th May|
|Sunday 10:30am||limited places||25th April||2nd May||9th May||16th May|
|Saturday 3pm||Good Availability||15th May||22th May||29th May||5th June|
Our Archery Beginners course is ideal if you want to learn archery so that you know what you are doing and can shoot unsupervised.
If you are not sure if this course is for you then book in for a taster session for an hour of basic tuition for only £16, before commiting to the full course.
You will learn about the equipment, how to shoot safely, and most importantly learn how to shoot and know what is right and what is not so good!
- We provide you instruction on shooting different styles, and support your first milestones in learning the skill of archery.
- On completion of the course you can consider yourself an archer and you can shoot unsupervised on our range.
- These sessions are available in small groups and will start on the same day/time each week.
- If you cannot make one session then let us know and we can usually fit you in on another course at the same point.
- For Private Courses you can change the days/times you attend. This is ideal if you need to fit a course around work shift patterns or other commitments.
- We usually suggest 8 years of age as the lowest age on this course – do discuss your requirements with us and we can suggest the best option for young archers.
Basic Course Structure
- Week 1 – Basic archery – ‘barebow’
- Week 2 – Using a bow-sight
- Week 3 – Scoring your arrows
- Week 4 – Finding your favourite and using different bows
- WARNING: Archery is addictive !
- On completion you can use our range and hire our kit on a pay & play basis.
- We can also help and guide you with your first purchase of your own equipment.
- You can also join a club. Each club has its own joining requirements, but our courses are recognised by all the local clubs. Each club is slghtly different, but they will require you to participate in an introductory session with them to learn that club’s rules.
As you know, archery is a safe sport as long as we all follow a few basic rules. Our insurers are very strict on how we assess and demonstrate your competency to shoot. As a consequence we will need to ask you for some basic information before you can shoot, this will include your agreement to the rules of the range and is for the safety of everyone.
For under 18’s a parent or guardian must remain on the premises, but don’t fear, you can relax in our viewing area with a cappuccino, and watch all those arrows hitting the gold!