Duration: 90 minute session
How to book: Contact us here or phone us on 01761 239 108
Purpose: Improving your technique
Cost: £40 1:1 (additional archers £15)
- want to improve your technique?
- find yourself working on different aspects of your shot, but struggling to determine why it only works sometimes?
- want success, enjoyment and a sense of progress in your personal development?
- get a few moments with your club coach, but want more?
This session is an ideal opportunity to refresh what would have been covered on your initial beginners course, as well as fine-tune the technique of the more seasoned archer.
The improvers session is a bespoke session to suit you. Ideally this is a 1:1 session, but can be extended to family members. We will provide this for a maximum of 3 people on a session to ensure that you all gain the attention you desire throughout.
In our experience we find that most archers know what they need to do and are doing this, just not consistently. These can be aspects that were taught on a previous course but since forgotten. As an archer you know that so much is down to the feel of the shot – a coach can see this and help guide you in to repeating that shot each time more consistently.
The session can focus on whatever you like to improve your technique. This can be such things as developing your form and finding that optimum body alignment to repeat the shot. Or we may work on your anchor and release. Or any combination of aspects of your shot. Obviously, it’s not possible to work on everything but we do like to work on a number of aspects to give you some take-aways to continue to develop. If you wish, we can also use the session to review your equipment set-up and tuning.
What does a session look like?
- Intro and Benchmarking – Discussion with the lead coach to identify any particular challenges you are experiencing and look at your goals. Review your technique with an example shoot of a few ends
- Execution – Work on elements of your technique and discuss improvements that suit you
- Practise– Shoot lots of arrows and develop the skills you already have and add in those improvements. This will involve shooting with your bow and use of various skills and drills to demonstrate and improve. Where appropriate we can video you and use video comparison of your technique over several shots.
- Evaluate – A discussion of what you have learnt and how to continue to practise the skills, drills and execution from the session.
Get in touch with us to discuss your needs and we can look to see how the session will work for you and book this in with you.
Note that this session is aimed at an experienced archer with your own equipment. If you don’t yet have your own bow, then let us know and we can discuss how we can make this work effectively for you.
Payment & Terms
This is normally required on booking. Full terms are detailed here.
As you know, archery is a safe sport as long as we all follow a few basic rules. Our insurers are very strict on how we assess and demonstrate your competency to shoot. As a consequence we will need to ask you for some basic information before you can shoot, this will include your agreement to the rules of the range and is for the safety of everyone.
For under 18’s a parent or guardian must remain on the premises, but don’t fear, you can relax in our viewing area with a cappuccino, and watch all those arrows hitting the gold!
In making a booking with us, you agree to the T&Cs as detailed here